More VN content you want? (minus TLs)
|#1 by superangelo128|
2019-04-04 at 18:26
|What other content would you want to see from the visual novel community as a whole? (NOT more translations)|
I've been thinking about this and there's already a decent amount of content:
* We have various forums to talk about VNs like here, /r/visualnovels, Fuwanovel, 4chan, Twitter etc
* Similarly a few places provide weekly summaries of VN translation updates
* There a few places for EVN developers to hang out, recruit, or discuss in places like /r/vns Discord #devtalk and Lemma Soft(link)
* We have vndb, the go to place for voting for VNs and looking up info and tags and such
* There are a few podcast related videos that exists for VNs like Broadcast Club(link) and Kinniku Podcast (link) for fan-made casts and Visual Conference(link) for a yearly discussion with people in the industry.
* There are Lets Plays of VNs, albeit I don't how many of them are consistently active in content
* We have discord chats and subreddits(link) for most major series and even some discords for official companies
* We have Visual Novel recommendation charts sorted by genres made by /r/visualnovels(link) and 4chan(link)
* We have a guide of how to read Visual Novels in Japanese(link)
* There are text and video reviews for most major visual novels out there (English and Japanese only) but not many that have reviewed a whole lot on one channel/location
However, I was wondering if you guys wanted more content related to this? To me, there's only so much translation companies/VN developers can do and visual novels could have more (consistent) content that only fans can make. I was wondering what you guys would personally want more of.
Don't bring up "more fan translations/translators" or "translate Visual Novel to English" because that's just a given considering what the VN community started on.Last modified on 2019-04-04 at 18:28
|#2 by surferdude|
2019-04-04 at 19:30
|I'd like a place where I can easily find official JP patches.|
I was using Holyseal for that purpose, but I can't access it anymore.Last modified on 2019-04-04 at 19:32
|#3 by fuukanou|
2019-04-04 at 20:42
|We need a new place for the translating community to chat/meet up/recruit members since hongfire is pretty much dead these days|
|#4 by nozomu|
2019-04-04 at 21:07
|I'd like for there to be more third-party apps since I find vndb to be kind of lacking (perhaps an understatement). Most of them seem to have been abandoned over time, though.|
Eroge are a more personal experience for me, so I don't really care about fancontent or discussions with random people. It'd be cool to see reviews from less popular games, though.
|#5 by shiny|
2019-04-05 at 16:00
|^^link is good for that purpose tho it doesn't have everything.|
I'd like a something for posting reviews - short and casual ones, not just numeric scores. EGS is wonderful for this in the avg 3 days per year when I can actually access it, but VPNs are too much a bother.
|#6 by ramaladni|
2019-04-05 at 16:37
|#5 Use link|
|#7 by goblincrutch|
2019-04-06 at 12:57
|I'd like more patches for cleaning up the dialogue in English releases. I want to read a translation, not a localization. I know just enough Japanese that it triggers me when the audio and|
text are talking about completely different things. Not sure if that counts as more translations in itself.
It'll be a non-issue when I finally finish studying the language and make a complete transition to all Japanese but in the meantime it would help. After that, maybe decensor patches for Japanese versions.Last modified on 2019-04-06 at 13:33
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.