|#1 by antherus|
2021-02-17 at 19:02
|< report >Here's how I break it down. BTW, I love all the girls, so there isn't one I dislike. Simply an order of preference.|
1. Sora. Simply the best girl. Well realized and fleshed out. Hilarious, tragic, kind, sweet, you know the rest. Pain in the ass at first, but once you realize her true nature and what's really happening, she's awesome. I consider Kuu to be part of Sora, btw. Perfect blend of adorable and sexy.
2. Rain. Considered by many to be "best girl". And I completely understand. Rain is incredible. Fiercely loyal and devoted to Kou, she's a cool professional military chick. And considering her origins, it's amazing how she transformed herself from a timid woman into someone of use to Kou and pretty much the most awesome support ever. Plus she's supermodel hot, so there's that.
3. Aki. Cracks me up. Brilliant, and incredibly kind and gentle. Her laziness is endearing, and I never found it annoying. Plus she's smoking hot, despite what she thinks of herself. Her origins make things a bit awkward, but this is the realm of VNs we're talking about.
4. Chinatsu. This girl is great. Fun, cheerful, and has a good heart, so when the tragedy of Gray Christmas happens and she's changed, you really feel it. Her route is one of the best because of the lengths Kou goes to to restore her to her true self. A bit annoying that you have to fight her so much, but understandable in the service of the story. Athletic and sexy.
5. Makoto. Precocious little thing, and her thought leak is both funny and endearing. Despite the darkness to which she sank, she never lost her kindness, so she's alright in my book. The fact that she was an accomplice to such a murderous plan puts me off a bit, but that's part of her arc - to bring her back into the light. Overall, great character. Not into lolis, but her personality makes up for her physical shortcomings.
6. Nanoha. Despite being the last place, I'm very fond of Nanoha. Great gal, kind, gentle, and the pinnacle of domestic expertise. As the game says, she would make a very fine wife. She's only last place because her story isn't as compelling as the rest. Didn't quite feel the "childhood friend" aspect. She's no Sumika from Muv Luv. Still a wonderful character. A shorty and petite, but not quite the loli that Makoto is, so Nanoha wins in that regard.
So that's it. What are your thoughts? Take the poll and comment!
P.S. I hate Shizel and dislike Noi, as stated in another post. Not talking about those atrocities here.Last modified on 2021-02-17 at 19:19
|#2 by onorub|
2021-02-17 at 19:39
|< report >It's really hard to measure, because some girls have really good chemistry with the protagonist in Reminiscence and awful chemistry in main game and vice-versa. If i were to go for main game, i'd choose Rain but the one with the most consistent chemistry with the protagonist is probably Aki (and Nanoha, but in that case i find the chemistry consistenly bad).Last modified on 2021-02-17 at 19:43|
|#3 by kiru|
2021-02-17 at 19:44
|< report >空 |
Can't vote as it's not an option.
|#4 by antherus|
2021-02-17 at 20:33
|< report >Is there a problem with your internet? I included it as a poll, and no one else has reported a problem.|
EDIT: I see, it's an issue of semantics then? I consider Kuu and Sora to be the same character, so adjust your decision accordingly.Last modified on 2021-02-18 at 15:18
|#5 by kiru|
2021-02-18 at 06:21
|< report >The problem is that 空 implies things Sora doesn't.|
|#6 by poudink|
2021-02-18 at 06:43
|< report >Go to erogamescape or something if you don't like romaji names. People should be able to use official english names in english communities.|
|#7 by kiru|
2021-02-18 at 09:28
|< report >Then do that. There's simply something important missing here.|
|#8 by poudink|
2021-02-18 at 09:34
|< report >No there isn't anything important missing. This is a poll regarding who the best girl in the game is. It has zero importance in the context of the thread.|
|#9 by then00bavenger|
2021-02-18 at 13:34
|< report >I think the point is that he's nitpicking that Sora wouldn't include Kuu |
Practically speaking Sora counts as both anyway so it's not really important
|#10 by antherus|
2021-02-18 at 15:13
|< report >Sora includes Kuu. They're essentially the same being.|
|#11 by onorub|
2021-02-18 at 18:06
|< report >I don't think Kuu in significant enough to be on the poll, but this insistence that they're the same is a bit ridiculous. They're two sides of the same being, but they're still distinct sides. That's like saying Kou and SimulaKou are the exact same person.|
|#12 by antherus|
2021-02-19 at 00:35
|< report >You're completely wrong in every way. Kuu is EXTREMELY significant. In fact, she's integral to the entire plot. The reason why she isn't given her own entry is because she's essentially Sora (and spoilers ahoy!) the two end up merging together.|
Why have multiple entries for the exact same character? (BTW, I consider Kou's simulacra to be him as well)
|#13 by then00bavenger|
2021-02-19 at 02:29
|< report >|
That's like saying Kou and SimulaKou are the exact same person.
I mean, there's a pretty memorable part of the game where Sora route Kou doubts that he's the actual Kou and Sora is like "okay then, fuck off" and then he eventually comes to his senses and is like "No wait, fuck that I am" and then everything is hunky dory and Sora accepts him.
It's pretty obvious what direction the game is trying to go there in regards to that.
Not going to say they are the exact same but it's close enough, especially for an internet poll. Even Kou himself isn't the 'exact same' depending on the route because of the extent of his memory that's available to him, despite being the same person.Last modified on 2021-02-19 at 02:42
|#14 by noobalot|
2021-02-19 at 09:15
|< report >Kou has two different versions but six different iterations. The first version is the one that survived Grey Christmas with five iterations. The second version of him with only one iteration is his simulacra/AI self that is featured in Sora's route.|
It's complicated since the second version of him was formed from the first version of himself through a really really really long process - heck, the first version of him is dead in Sora's route.
|#15 by antherus|
2021-02-19 at 11:40
|< report >Simulacra Kou is the culmination of all his previous incarnations. It reallly just comes down to semantics as to whether or not he's really Kou. Considering that everyone's a wired ghost in World 6/Zero, the differences don't seem to matter all that much.|
|#16 by noobalot|
2021-02-19 at 17:24
|< report >He's a complete mess in Rain's route but gradually becomes less of one in each one where Sora's route has more or less a complete iteration of him. We all get to see the slight changes in Kou's character as he becomes more of one over his established role of a audience surrogate and stand-in for the player/reader.|
It's funny that he takes on a proactive role in Sora's route when the previous routes/iterations take on a passive aggressive role - rather the first half of it. Even when the second half hits, he drives the story through by being so active.
By the way, I like Rain more than the other heroines.Last modified on 2021-02-20 at 01:28
|#17 by zakashi|
2021-10-08 at 02:08
|< report >Makoto is the worst of the bunch. And his sister is boring. And nanoha makes me want to puke.|
Sora, Rain and Chinatsu win, actually Chinatsu is the best.
|#18 by nishsin|
2022-01-06 at 11:09
|< report >I really am puzzled why Rain is so well liked by so many..her route was fine for what it was, but due to the structure of the game you are pretty much stuck for a portion of 5 of the 6 routes, and it eventually just becomes extremely annoying when you just want to continue with the story of that particular heroine and not the freaky stalker any longer.|
|#19 by duhu1148|
2023-03-14 at 17:54
|< report >Rain is not only the prettiest girl here, but is also strong, smart, and capable. More importantly, she sticks by the protagonist's side, despite him being an amnesiac and an idiot.Last modified on 2023-03-14 at 17:54|
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.