|#1 by sy74kya|
2021-03-17 at 22:35
|< report >Okay, you know what? Totally picking this VN up after Aokana. I already downloaded the demo to make sure I knew what it was. Pretty clearly a moege but by no means anything to talk disappointments over (plot-wise).|
Few things I was curious about though.
1. Does this VN have a way of replaying all the scenes like Grisaia does? Every scene has its own title as seen in the save/load interface, but some of them aren't displayed fully, eg. "The Student Council members's...". Also can you give me a list of all the scene titles in the common route if that's possible?
2. I did notice from reading the demo, but there's quite a few mistakes that apparently were fixed in the full game. Is this also true for the Steam version, too? (I assume the Steam version gets updated automatically.)
3. This isn't related to WagaHigh but how come every Madosoft VN is really similar to each other? It's almost as though there's a theme going on here. Black haired heroine. Red haired heroine. Blond haired heroine. Silver haired heroine. Student council theme. I in no way dislike that, but that's not something I'd expect to see done as many times as Madosoft has (just look at Raspberry Cube and Hamidashi Creative). Could this be part of the reason why no other Madosoft VNs have ever been translated to English? A pity. I might've gone straight for HC after WHS.
4. All the routes have their own scenarist, but the common route scenarist isn't mentioned? Typically it's done by the main scenarist, but is there a main scenarist in WagaHigh?Last modified on 2021-03-17 at 23:29
|#2 by omikron|
2021-03-18 at 08:07
|< report >Hi there! |
1. No, there isn't. The only scenes that can be replayed are the h-scenes. 4 of them for each heroine and 1 additional after clearing their route. What you get is a character stand in the Speacial Menu.
2. It's been quite some time, since I finished that VN, but from what I remember, I didn't notice many mistakes. And yes, Steam version updates itself.
3. I am not sure if I read a similar question about Madsoft or another Dev. Their chosen setting seems to work for them best, that is way they stick to it. But I am afraid that is all I can contribute as an answer... Other than that, I agree, I'd love to seem more titles from Madosoft translated.
4. All websites I've looked at regarding this question say that 5 authors wrote the scenario, but the most detailled information is here on VNDB. Hato seems to be the 5th writer.
Btw. Ashe's best girl! Last modified on 2021-03-18 at 08:11
|#3 by kiru|
2021-03-18 at 11:10
|< report >Common routes tend to be written scene by scene depending on which heroines is central to the scene, if there's no main writer.|
The curse of multi writer games really. Either it's all a mumbo jumbo, or the heroines are drastically different in their route.
|#4 by sy74kya|
2021-03-18 at 11:11
|< report >As for my other issue. The scene titles.|
My little sister is ridiculously lazy
My merry brand of classmates
The Student Council members’s…
The penultimate careless mistake
The profound Student Council…
Class change to slave?
My new title
The fated first encounter
Beauties aren’t always beautiful
Toa-san is scary
Kaoruko-san is an angel
A boy more feminine than any girl
Identity of Sender
As you can see, three of these scene names aren't displayed in full, these ones are bolded. I've made a screenshot of the names of the scenes available in the demo - they are available in their untranslated forms. I wondered if someone could translate them for me. Thanks in advance.Last modified on 2021-03-18 at 11:18
|#5 by omikron|
2021-03-18 at 11:44
|< report >For me the link is either not working or something went wrong during the upload, I don't see any image.|
|#6 by sy74kya|
2021-03-18 at 11:48
|< report >All right, try this.|
link (click the thumbnail on the page)Last modified on 2021-03-18 at 11:57
|#7 by omikron|
2021-03-18 at 12:18
|< report >Now it works! But I am not much more of a help to you...|
I've checked again, there is no menu showing the list of scenes with their respective title anywhere. Just, as seen in the screen, the scene's title is displayed in the load/safe interface.Last modified on 2021-03-18 at 12:18
|#8 by sy74kya|
2021-03-18 at 13:07
|< report >I was asking if anyone was able to translate the titles of the scenes from the image, actually.|
|#9 by omikron|
2021-03-18 at 13:25
|< report >Well, yes, I know, just to reassure you about your first question.|
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.