Possibility of specific character voting?
|#1 by periah250|
2022-01-05 at 21:21
|< report >What if we added a function for people to vote on specific characters of a title. This would significantly reduce the amount of "best character polls" it would also allow us and developers to see which characters people liked the most and least.|
|#2 by bobjr2000|
2022-01-06 at 00:29
|< report >I would vote for the random side character every time.|
|#3 by periah250|
2022-01-06 at 02:44
|< report >i always end up loving side heroines or god forbid side characters|
|#4 by zetiki|
2022-01-08 at 01:26
|< report >Everyone can rate a VN.|
Now imagine everyone could also rate characters including the side ones.
Inside the "Characters (#)" tab:
Inputs under every image:
1) [float number] Final character's rating [1..10]. Rating 10 would mean he is perfect irrelative of others in his cast. In other words, if all of the cast is bad, then the best one of the them should not get 10.
2) [float number] How much are they developed: [1..10]. I acknowledge that some of Beethoven's songs are awesome but at the same time I don't like them. Same with heroines. And also it works backwards: e.g. one of my favourite heroines is Tenma Hasumi (Koikari) even though she is not developed like those of Higurashi's cast.
3) [float number] How much their potenial is realized: [1..10]. This could be used as a substitute to the "Whose route is the best?" polls, but there are disadvantages: Multiple Common Routes, routes with multiple people (harems), multiple routes for one heroine, heroineless routes. The advantages are opinions on side characters and being spoiler-free. I hate when I know what heroines and routes there are.
4) [float number] Beautiful: [1..10].
5) [radio button] What role do they deserve: [main heroine], [main character], [side heroine], [side character], [shouldn't have existed]. Probably no [protagonist] because some people would want all protagonists to be only in the same time and place (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai) unlike Himawari where Aqua is a main heroine, but she is a protagonist in a ~5 (IIRC) hours side story that happened 2 years ago in a different place.
Users can also submit just 1 of the inputs, i.e. not necessary to fill all of them.
No voting for the "Makes an appearance" ones.
And I don't know what to do when a character is shared between a very bad fan VN and an awesome original VN.
The "Beautiful" rating should probably be bound to the image? But Higurashi has 3 versions that can be switched by pression "p" or "t" (I forgot) and not all of them are present in vndb; my preference: mangagamer>original>>console. But e.g. for Rena I like the original sprites more. Also there's Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO.
The problem with polls is that they are not very informative. Sometimes there's 1 godlike heroine, 1 awesome heroine, 2 normal heroines. And most would vote for that godlike heroine. That would give false impression that all others heroines are not worth time.
And, unlike with polls, it would be possible to globally search for awesome characters. E.g. now I can't search for a white-haired heroine who is also written very well. I don't need predictable soulless sex toys in my search.
|#5 by slashslayer|
2022-01-10 at 20:13
|< report >doesn't anidb have this feature? because if it does it's really weird that Yorhel hasnt considered it|
|#6 by zakashi|
2022-01-12 at 00:16
|< report >AniDb has a husbando and waifu ranking, it's really cool.|
|#7 by periah250|
2022-01-13 at 00:00
|< report >I made this thinking most people would be against it. Im surprised its so well received|
|#8 by slashslayer|
2022-01-14 at 20:34
|< report >i just wonder if you all also would rather have this instead of an option to simply list/label your favorite characters onto your profiles. it seems much simpler(and personally more fun for me) than the former, but i can take any. i suppose we can all agree that any option is good enough if it allows us to put our opinions and tastes about characters we care the most on our profiles|
|#9 by zakashi|
2022-10-12 at 21:43
|< report >So?|
|#10 by slashslayer|
2022-10-29 at 01:58
|< report >#9 yeah i still support this idea. i don't know if other users care so much about it, though|
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.