Reflection Blue -GD-
|#1 by usagi|
2022-06-17 at 00:45
|< report >Considering English version is out - feel free to share your impressions (don't forget about spoiler tag if you are going to discuss plot, pls). I especially would like to know about:|
1) quality of translation (comparing to both Japanese and official English localisation of basic game - i.e. fan translation was done from scratch without using Visual Arts translation work)
2) changes in Reflection Blue version comparing to basic version - especially in common route and original main heroines routes
3) overall impressions - especially of those who played both versions and can assess whether their impressions changed and whether the changes were positive or negative and to what extent
4) how the game is compared to other Key games. Is it the best among them? The worst? In the middle of the list?
5) I heard an opinion the OST was awful (i.e. generic and forgettable) - especially comparing to usual Jun Maeda's stuff. Is it true?
tyLast modified on 2022-06-17 at 00:57
|#2 by diabloryuzaki|
2022-06-18 at 20:30
|< report >You can check the difference in my thread, just check it in there because it is old thread but you will find it soon|
It is rare to find fan disc, upgraded ver or other story turn into best vn because all of them is come later after people read main story
"this is the best ost" is really depend on people taste, it is same where some people find that "this is where we should have cg event" but the developer said "no, it's not"
|#3 by Mutsuki|
2022-06-19 at 00:01
|< report >1: no idea didn't play translated either one|
2: reflection blue adds more story content but the thing is i can't gauge exactly how much because og sp is one of the first games i played in japanese so my reading was slow and the new routes felt much shorter but perhaps most of the new routes are maybe just under the length of the og ones because when i skipped through all of them they were roughly the same time. it also changes stuff up with table tennis but honestly that is quick to get through if u have the right partner (i forget which one is good. there is another rb discussion thread which u might want to check). there's some slight changes in alka route i think and there's a 2 minute bit tacked on the end of pockets. there's also hairi voicing in the start of the game which is nice. i also remember they put a whole 1 extra cg in each of the og heroine routes.
3: if you didn't enjoy sp you will not enjoy rb. the new routes are generally good but only nomiki and shiki's routes really stuck with me until now. umi's route felt more like a con with how short and childish it was and shizuku's route was just ok.
4: it's all a matter of taste and which ones you played in which order. pointless question. i would say sp is middle of the pack but i am biased.
5: the soundtrack is fine. lots of memorable tracks in there. the one thing that didn't stand out to me was the new op (the one that replaced alkatale) but perhaps i didn't hear that that much when playing.Last modified on 2022-06-19 at 00:02
|#4 by c2k|
2022-06-19 at 09:27
|< report >1. I can't really judge the fanTL and official TL since the FanTL might(?) had a hard time to rework the translations from the original game in the official TL to avoid plagiarism, which that would be probably the number one problem.|
2. there is only small changes in the common route which you'll encounter shiki and shizuku and for the original main heroines I guess there were only minor (i think) or no changes but there is an additional CG for all of the original heroines except for Ao because the artist for her was busy on a different visual novel that he handle
3. RB is most preferably the best choice to pick when playing summer pockets it gives more feels and meaning than the original game
4. I can't say that since I haven't playing all key games but so far summer pockets RB is so far the best key game I have played
5. nahh...that false shit, don't listen to people who says that. You are the one to judge whether it is good or not but for me, the OST is actually fitting in the game especially one OST that I couldn't forget.Last modified on 2022-06-20 at 14:56
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.