|#326 by yorhel|
2019-11-28 at 07:01
|It's a bit more nuanced:|
- Visual novels should at least have a trial available to be included in the DB, to weed out VNs that likely aren't getting a release.
- If a VN with a trial is then not going to ever get a release, whether it remains in the DB should depend on whether the trial itself can be considered VN-worthy (most are, I think). The VN entry then stops being about the full game (which never existed and will not exist) but becomes about the trial itself.
- It can then be argued that the trial is, in fact, the full release of the VN entry. But we keep marking it as a trial because that's how it was intended.
From that perspective, a trial release should indeed count as "VN has been released", but I'm not sure that's alltogether intuitive either...
|#327 by rampaa|
2019-11-28 at 11:43
|Here are some (hopefully) intuitive alternatives:|
1) Delete "VN"s that won't get anything more than trials.
2) Instead of displaying "Unknown" for VNs that won't get anything more than trials, display something like "YYYY-MM-DD (Trial Only)"
3) Mark trials as partial releases if there won't be anything more for that VN and handle it like how partial releases are handled.Last modified on 2019-11-28 at 11:43
|#328 by fuukanou|
2019-12-01 at 05:33
|I don't know if there's a thread for just asking questions about the database so I just picked a thread that people who would know the answer would visit:|
What determines the order of languages in the list of releases? As far as I can tell, it's not alphabetical by language, nor is it by release date of release associated with language nor by database addition date. It's also not consistent between games (e.g. Neko Para Vol.1 Soleil Kaiten Shimashita! goes EN/JP/CH.. and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger goes JP/EN/FR...). Is there a way to change this?Last modified on 2019-12-01 at 05:35
|#329 by yorhel|
2019-12-01 at 08:36
|It should be sorted by release date, but it gets confused when the first release is multilanguage.|
|#330 by rampaa|
2019-12-06 at 18:02
|query.vndb.org thinks I am not logged in to VNDB. Even though I am logged in. Also should link really be open for public?Last modified on 2019-12-06 at 18:09|
|#331 by yorhel|
2019-12-07 at 07:37
|Eh, not sure how my server-side modifications got lost. Fixed now.|
That sign-up form isn't a problem, it doesn't work anyway.
|#332 by shinnew|
2019-12-08 at 10:06
|The SubscribeStar link in the footer is typoed as "SubscrubeStar".|
|#333 by yorhel|
2019-12-08 at 10:09
|Way too attentive! That link isn't supposed to be noticed yet while it's under review.|
|#334 by eacil|
2019-12-09 at 22:17
|When we post a new reply, we are not redirected to the new post anymore. The anchor (#last?) disappeared. I doubt you didn't see that so if it's something expected, I am afraid to say it's hella annoying.Last modified on 2019-12-09 at 22:18|
|#335 by yorhel|
2019-12-10 at 09:36
|Ran into some technical limitations when I rewrote the reply form, but it looks like I'm not allowed to be lazy. :(|
Think it works now. Kind-of. Somewhat.
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.