RFC-01: Revamping the users' VN lists
|#1 by yorhel|
2010-11-16 at 10:36
|< report >I've had this idea for a while now and intend to implement it in the (near) future, but since it affects everyone's VN list in a non-reversible way I guess it would be a good idea to ask for comments.|
- Users can add releases entries to their list with two separate status fields: "release status" (obtained/getting/deleted/etc) and "play status" (playing/finished/stalled/dropped/etc)
- Allow users to add VN entries to their list and indicate a VN-specific "play status"
- Remove the "play status" from the release list, and only keep the "release status" for that
- More intuitive (you "play" VNs and you "keep" releases)
- Easier to keep track of which VNs a user has played/is playing/etc
- No need to specify the play status multiple times for cases where the VN is spread among multiple releases. (e.g. original game + translation patch)
- For VNs with partial releases, it's not possible to specify a play status for each part.
Personally, I believe the advantages greatly outweight the disadvantage. What do you think?
|#2 by gabezhul|
2010-11-16 at 10:50
|< report >I like the idea. It would make organizing and keeping track of my list a lot easier. Green light all the way! :D|
|#3 by darkmind35|
2010-11-16 at 11:58
|< report >Same here. It's somewhat annoying, having to add every single release of Higurashi, Umineko ect.. Especially newcomers who already have loads of read/obtained VNs, would benefit from this (it was a slight burden to me at least).|
Quick question though; Will this affect our current set-ups, as in do we (the current users) need to list all the VNs from scratch, or will they stay as they are?Last modified on 2010-11-16 at 11:59
|#4 by echomateria|
2010-11-16 at 13:57
|< report >I like this idea. I wasn't particularly happy marking original Japanese releases and patches separately. Not to mention re-releases that doesn't really have much different content, like CD Edition, DVD Edition etc.|
|#5 by yorhel|
2010-11-16 at 15:20
|< report >|
Quick question though; Will this affect our current set-ups, as in do we (the current users) need to list all the VNs from scratch, or will they stay as they are?For the most part, you won't have to do anything. The release statusses will stay as they are and the VN status can be automatically converted from the current "play status". This will require some logic on my part to handle cases where there are multiple releases in the list with different play statusses, but I'm sure it won't be too hard to fix something for that.
|#6 by darkmac|
2011-01-06 at 05:54
|< report >Is there a way to add all the VNs I've voted on to my VN list? Going through 'em all one by one would be a bit time consuming...|
|#7 by yorhel|
2011-01-06 at 07:16
|< report >Hmm, not at this moment...|
|#8 by novelsfan|
2011-01-09 at 04:22
|< report >I liike it! but Im sorry for trial versions =P|
You must be logged in to reply to this thread.