"I'm the only one who gets physically transported in a online game, repeating the same process of returning to reality when I die in the game world every day. Also, I can't see my stats or anything. I mean, I'm so weak that I can die just from falling down. What's the meaning of this?"
Shikigi Yuuri is a temporary teacher at the Nijou Crane Academy, the real-life setting of the school. On the day he first set foot in the school, he traveled to the world of "XR", a online game operated by the school, and a few hours later he safely returned to reality after he died in the game.
Since then, he was cursed: each day after school, he returns to the game world against his will, and if he dies in the game world, he returns to reality. Not to mention that all his students that play the game are... all quite frantic.
He has no true friends, and no one is in their right mind. And yet, he continues to fight day in and day out to break the curse. However, he doesn't have the strength to fight, so he needs to cooperate with some of his students, giving orders from behind the lines:
- Eiko: An assassin with an obsession of killing the protagonist.
- Suika: A saintly woman who will even kidnap the weak to protect them.
- Minami: A self-paced mage with an obsessive thirst for knowledge.
- Towa: A knight who never listens to anyone and wild-eyed young lady.
- Kiki: The hero who does not care about saving the world.
Will he be able to escape from the game world?
[Translated and edited from the official website]