Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
|Title||Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai|
|Aliases||Higurashi Kai, When They Cry 2, Higu2|
|Length||Very long (> 50 hours)|
|Publishers|| 07th Expansion & Kaga Create Co. & MangaGamer & Seams & Entergram, Inc. & Alchemist|
MangaGamer & Hinamizawa Club & Seams
|Related anime||[DB-ANN] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (2006)|
[DB-ANN] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (2007)
|Available at||English Download Edition for Windows at MangaGamer for US$ 7.95 »|
Japanese PlayStation 2 version at Play-Asia.com for US$ 124.99 »
Japanese PlayStation 2 version at Play-Asia.com for US$ 44.99 »
Japanese PlayStation 2 version at Play-Asia.com for US$ 41.99 »
Japanese Nintendo DS version at Play-Asia.com for US$ 64.99 »
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa, which has a population of approximately 2000. The main character, Keiichi Maebara, moves to Hinamizawa and befriends his new classmates Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Hojo. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities, which consist mostly of card and board games (and punishment games for the loser, usually him.) Hinamizawa appears to be a normal, peaceful, rural village to Keiichi. However, the tranquility abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a celebration to commemorate and give thanks to the local god, Oyashiro-sama. Keiichi learns that every year for the past four years, one person has been murdered and another has gone missing on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Keiichi himself soon becomes drawn into the strange events surrounding the Watanagashi Festival and Oyashiro-sama. In each story arc, he or one of his friends become paranoid, and a crime is committed. Usually, the crime involves the murder of one of their own friends. While it seems impossible to tell their delusions apart from the mystery of Hinamizawa, slowly the truth is revealed.
- Edge Works Co., LtdMatsuri
- Kanou KiichiMatsuri
- Mashima KouichiMatsuri
- Miyagi KishikoYoigoshi-hen; Matsuri
- Takagi SeikoMatsuri
- Character design
- Chiba NaokiSui OP, ED arrangement
- Dai29 tracks, Sui ED composition
- Isoe ToshimichiRasen ED, Kizuna OP arrangement
- Kawagoe YoshihiroKizuna OP arrangement
- Luck GanrikiSui ED composition
- Mizuno DaisukeRasen OP arrangement
- pre-holder7 tracks
- SB YUNE2 tracks
- Shikura ChiyomaruMatsuri/Kizuna/Sui vocal songs
- Zizz StudioMatsuri/Kizuna/Sui soundtrack
- zts4 tracks
- AyaneKizuna OP "Angelic Bright", ED "Tada Nagaruru Mama ni"
- CyuaRasen OP "Hikari no Sora no Qualia"
- Itou KanakoMatsuri First ED "escape," Second ED "Friend"
- Uema EmiSui ED "Hitotsu no Inochi"
- Velforest.Rasen ED "Shikkoku no Saidan"
|1508 votes total, average 8.68 (very good)|
|Recent votes(show all)|
Popularity: ranked #56 with a score of 21.12
Bayesian rating: ranked #13 with a rating of 8.60