Review of Shuuen no Virche -Error:Salvation-
|Subject||Shuuen no Virche -Error:Salvation-|
|By||Vote: 5.8mayniss on 2021-10-29 last updated on 2021-10-30|
- Art is really beautiful
- Scien is sexy
- Skip to next choice system
- Soundtrack is fine too
- Voice acting is really good
- Scenario writers had no idea what DNA is and how it works (and were probably banned from google) but tried to explain plot with it anyway
- Writers doesn't have even a school-grade level of knowledge in basic biology (like, feelings get stored in hearts - literally - and people get plants DNA imbedded into their own just because they were born near said plants)
- Drama and "despair" were written very poorly, there is no time for heroine or player to get really close to characters, to start care about them. Every romantic moment was immediately (or almost immediately) followed by some massacre or smth similar. As a result, I couldn't feel anything past basic human sorry towards heroine or charas. I didn't feel even an ounce of despair, honestly.
- Things in story were happening not because they followed logic of this fictional world and personalities of this fictional charas, but because writers needed them to happen. Which created a feeling similar to one you get watching some low-budget horror movies.
Listening pseudoscientific noncence from the character who were positioned by writers as "genius" to the point of being compared to god was hilarious too.
Well, that said, it was a really beautiful game with a disaster in place where scenario should be. This people wanted to make a tragedy and they made it - the tragedy of wasted potential.
|#1 by 198800|
2021-11-01 at 20:34
|< report >Do you really expect real facts in fictional stories? *shrug*|
|#2 by Ileca|
2021-11-01 at 20:53
|< report >Fictional =/= dumb. I expect writers to know what they are writing about. Nobody forces them to fill their copy with bullshit. I am always quite appalled by the lack of standard fans can have, especially when it comes to sf.|
|#3 by mayniss|
2021-11-01 at 21:05
|< report >That depends. If story is trying to pose itself as serious, plot centered, and try to lean heavily on real facts to explain things - then yes, I expect from writers of the said story to have at least some knowledge of the facts they trying to operate with.|
|#4 by Edolusill|
2021-11-02 at 00:12
|< report >I wasn't that bothered by the science stuff because I just thought fantasy world = fantasy logic. But hard agree on the not caring about the characters. It didn't really provoke any emotions (except for the last route).|
|#5 by jijishota|
2021-11-25 at 02:54
|< report >Y'all are killing me with these reviews.|
I love how everyone is like "Game isn't that good but Brofist is hot."
I don't know if the story ever explicitly says how old he is, but he's 82 .Last modified on 2021-11-25 at 02:54
|#6 by mayniss|
2021-11-25 at 14:35
|< report >Lol, yes, story says that. And story also says that his body is (almost) 23. I fail to see what is wrong, honestly :) If liking 82 y/o character with young body is wrong, then I imagine liking elves, vampires, yokais and a ton of other different otome game charas must be wrong too. Because Scien is just as much of a grandpa as, for example, Legolas.Last modified on 2021-11-25 at 14:49|
|#7 by jijishota|
2021-11-28 at 12:30
|< report >Ngl I am super into it LOL (Also I think it’s fine, I hope I didn’t come off as “that’s bad” it’s more like “this is amazing”)|
Never before for any other character, but for Brofist? Idk. He speaks to me.
The main reason I point it out is because I think it’s super funny, given many people’s thoughts on him being a sexy grandpaLast modified on 2021-11-28 at 12:34